Customers must have a DPPA-approved reason to subscribe to each of these services. Click each item below to learn more.
Electronic Access to Driver and Vehicle Records
Interactive Driver and Vehicle Records and Point-to-Point services enable authorized customers to access Maryland vehicle and driver records.
Option 1: Interactive Driver and Vehicle Record Access (IDVR)
- Subscribed customers can access driver and vehicle records in real time.
Option 2: Point-to-Point System Interface (PTP)
- Subscribed customers use this SOAP (v1.2) web service API to search for and retrieve Maryland vehicle and driver records.
- The service uses HTTPS transport encryption for security. Customers must provide their username and password in each service call for the purpose of authentication.
Driver Batch Monitoring (DBM)
This batch-based secure service enables customers to register a list of drivers they wish to monitor. Customers are notified when violation information changes for a monitored driver.
- Subscribed customers indicate drivers they wish to monitor.
- Each night, DBM inspects the monitored drivers and sends back driver record results.
Both web-based User Interface and REST API methods are available for submitting drivers and receiving monitored MDOT MVA driver records.
User guides for both interfaces are below for reference.
Batch Vehicle Access (BVA)
This batch-based secure service enables customers to submit license plate numbers and receive certain information from the vehicle record.
- Subscribed customers submit license plate numbers for vehicle records they wish to access.
- The service examines the records overnight and sends back results the following day.
Bulk Data Delivery (Bulk)
This batch-based secure service enables customers to receive Bulk Driving and Vehicle Data partial record data.