Welcome to the Maryland Central Business Licensing and Registration Portal. If you are starting a business in Maryland, this site will enable you do the following:
- Register your business and form the legal business entity with the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation
- Register a business Trade Name with the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation
- Establish your necessary tax accounts with the Comptroller of the Treasury
Filings for the following business types are accepted at this time:
- Sole Proprietorship
- General Partnership
- Limited Liability Company
- Stock Corporation
- Tax-Exempt Nonstock Corporation
- Close Corporation
Other business types may still register trade names and establish tax accounts through this portal. For business filing types not currently accepted online, please visit the Department of Assessments and Taxation website for assistance.
All filings through this portal will be processed with the Department of Assessments and Taxation within 7 business days. SDAT expedited fee schedule will apply.
After completing the online registration process, you will receive all the necessary licenses and account numbers for your business. This electronic government service includes a convenience fee for payments processed through this portal. Accepted credit cards include Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.